This article is a stub. Please add to it and make it better!
|This article is about the Lion Force pilot as he appears in Defender of the Universe-related interpretations. For a list of other meanings, see Pidge (disambiguation).|
Pidge is the young genius of the Voltron Lion Force force and pilot of the Green Lion. He is the brother of the Vehicle Force team member Chip, though the circumstances of this relationship differ by continuity.
Voltron: Defender of the Universe cartoon continuity
Lion Force sub-series
Pidge and Chip are twin brothers and were orphaned at a young age. When his foster parents wanted to adopt Pidge, he refused to go unless they took Chip as well. 
Crash landing on Arus after their escape, they made their way to the Castle of Lions. There, they met Princess Allura and Coran, and were commissioned as the Voltron Force.  Pidge would fly Green Lion. 
A mission would later take an emotional toll on him. Responding to a distress call from planet Balto, he and the Voltron Force arrived and found out that the planet on which he and Chip grew up would explode. Balto exploded after narrowly escaping a trap set up by Prince Lotor.
- Pidge is the only Voltron Force member whose pilot suit matches his Lion in color. (Hunk's uniform is orange, but his lion is yellow.)
- Pidge's uniform lacks a visor built into his helmet, in order to accomodate his glasses.
- The Pidge/Chip relationship was invented for Voltron. Pidge is based on a Beast King GoLion character, whereas Chip is based on a Armored Fleet Dairugger XV character. The two Japanese series continuities' are completely unrelated.
- Pidge does not have a last name in Defender of the Universe. In the comics by Devil's Due Publishing re-imagining the Defender of the Universe story, the character Pidge is given the full name Darrell "Pidge" Stoker.
- The surname "Stoker", introduced in the Devil's Due continuity, is series writer Dan Jolley's grandmother's maiden name.