Lion Voltron is a giant robot currently composed of five robot lions (Black , Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow) joined together. It is the first Voltron, directly based off of the original Golion robot from the animated series Beast King GoLion.
- 1 Voltron, Defender of the Universe continuity
- 2 Origins
- 3 Weapons
- 4 Notes and Trivia
- 5 References
During a Doomite attack on planet Arus, the witch Haggar cast a powerful spell splitting Voltron into five Robot Lions. Keith and company made contact with the Castle of Lions and brought Voltron back into service.
While Voltron must now form from the combining of the five Lions. Voltron was once a mecha, a sentient being of sorts before being separated into five robot Lions.
Voltron's ultimate weapon. The two hands touch each other and forms a sword. This sword is often used to slay robeasts, often by slicing them in half.
Spinning Laser Blades
Forms a spiky disc which he can throw at an enemy.
Lion Head Attack
Involves two or four of Voltron's appendages to lose their heads and go flying at the enemy.
Fired from the mouths of the Red and Green Lions.
Sting Ray Missiles
Fired from the mouths of the Blue and Yellow Lions.
Beams with tiny darts in them which fire from part of the head.
Shoots destructive rays of energy from the eyes.
This cross emits from the one on the Arusian seal, which adorns Voltron's chest.
The Lion Lariat functions like a pair of nun-chucks that can deflect an assault from incoming projectiles.
The Lion Saber is thrown like a javelin to disable Voltron's opponent.
Argon Force Field
Voltron creates a ball of energy which encases the robot in a sort of force field which can trap nearby enemies.
- Voltron possesses a force field that protects it during the formation sequence.
- This version of Voltron was originally created by Arusian scientists.
- According to the special features in the 2006 Voltron DVD tin set, Voltron's name originated from the team at World Events Productions. Two of the original concept names were Volta and Volton. The final name was influenced from Walt Disney's original 1982 film Tron, the names Volt and Tron were combined into the final name, Voltron.
- This Voltron was the first, its design being directly based off of the original robot of the Beast King GoLion series.